Who we are
We are Highland Vehicles Ltd, T/A HV Motor Finance. Company registration No: 4349013 Address: 1st Floor, Rose Farm, John Street, Utkinton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 0LP
This policy was re-worded to give you further information about how we collect, use and store your personal data, and to reflect the changes in law as set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) . We may amend or update this policy as required by the law.
Why we collect your Information
We may collect your personal, vehicle and finance agreement information in order to provide our services to you. We have a legitimate interest in your details in order to communicate with you about and advise you on, your vehicle and finance options. We only ever collect relevant information to enable us to enter into a Client relationship with you, to handle your queries and keep you informed of relevant vehicle and other related issues.
The information is treated as stated in this Policy and we comply with the Data Protection Act. The term ‘customer’ may relate to a business or individual.
How/When we collect your data and how it is used
- Making an enquiry. We will take your name, telephone details and email address in order to get in touch with you at your own request.
- Applications for Credit. You may be asked to complete an Application Form in order to apply for credit with a finance company. This is completed on line via EchoSign and you are automatically sent a copy on completion for your records. The form includes basic personal information, plus address history, marital status and bank details. The information from this form is submitted to the relevant finance company in order to get credit authorised.
- With regards to Leaseplan UK, we retain details of your authorisation and your acceptance of their terms and conditions (email).
- If proofs of address or identify are required by the finance company, we will ask you for these and submit them to the finance company on your behalf.
- If you are applying for credit on behalf of a company, we will record company information as well as personal information as required.
- If an order is placed, we will need to submit some basic details to the supplying dealer to enable them to deliver the vehicle to you. This includes your address and contact telephone number.
- We create a ‘current customer’ record on our database and attached to this are the vehicle/finance contract details for each vehicle that we supply to you. We use this information to answer any queries you may have about your finance agreement and to communicate with you about your agreement, vehicle, end of contract options and vehicle settlement/collection.
- After a vehicle is delivered and the finance agreement has gone live, we retain a paper copy of the ‘deal file’. This is used to clarify any queries and to retain a paper trail of relevant correspondence relating to the vehicle order and supply and the customers’ requirements.
- The ‘deal file’ is scanned and a copy retained on our server.
- We may record electronic correspondence to ensure that we are able to deal with any problems/queries that may arise.
- As a ‘current customer’, or a ‘lapsed customer’ who has given their authorisation, from time to time, we may send you tailored communications about special deals for vehicle financing that we consider you might be interested in. This is likely to be by email and you have the option to ‘unsubscribe’ at any point.
Who we share your data with
- We do not share your information with anyone for marketing purposes.
- We will share some of your data with finance companies and supplying dealers as detailed above.
- We may share information to comply with the law if requested.
How we keep your data safe
We seek to use physical, technical and administrative controls to protect personal information within our organisation. For example:
- Physical ‘deal files’ are filed in locked cabinets
- Information held on computers is backed up each night by on-site and off-site methods
- Passwords for individual PC’s and the server are changed regularly
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem.
How long we keep your data for
If you are a ‘current customer’ (with ANY live vehicle contracts), we will retain your data for the duration of the contract, to support our ongoing relationship and to provide our services to you.
A ‘lapsed customer’ is a customer who no longer has ANY finance agreements which are ‘live’. If you are a current customer who changes to a lapsed customer, we will ask you if you would like to remain on our database and be contacted for marketing purposes:
- If a lapsed customer does not wish to be contacted, we will mark the record as ‘lapsed customer – do not contact’. The customer and deal file data will be deleted from our system 3 years after the end date of the latest contract.
- If a lapsed customer does wish to be contacted, we will mark the record as ‘lapsed customer – contact’. All customer information will be retained and lapsed customers can ‘unsubscribe’ at any time. If the customer changes their preference to ‘Do Not Contact’, we will amend their status to ‘lapsed customer –do not contact’ and as above, the customer and deal file data will be deleted from our system 3 years after the end date of the latest contract.
Prospects. We will retain your contact details for marketing purposes for a maximum of 2 years unless you tell us within that period that you wish to unsubscribe or withdraw your consent.
Your rights and contacting us
You have the right to request access/correction/deletion of your personal data. You can also object to the processing of your personal data or request some restrictions. Please contact us if you have any such request.
You can contact us using the details below:
Phone: 01829 738798
Post: Rose Farm, John Street, Utkinton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 0LP