Complaints Handling Procedure

What you Should Do If you Wish to Make A Complaint?
We have appointed Richard Ellor to deal with complaints. If you have a question or if you would like to make a complaint, please don’t hesitate to contact him. His contact details are: Tel: 01829 738798 Email:

If you have a complaint you can let us know by writing to us at:

Highland Vehicles Ltd T/A HV Motor Finance, Rose Farm, John Street, Utkinton,  Tarporley. Cheshire. CW6 0LP

Alternatively you can phone us on 01829 738798 or you can send an email to

What to Expect Once We Have Received Your Complaint
If you have written to us with your complaint Richard Ellor will contact you within 5 working days of receiving your letter.  If you have told us by telephone or in person we will write to you within 5 working days of you telling us.  At this stage we will give you an understanding of your case.  We will also invite you make any further comments that you have in relation to your complaint and ask you to confirm that our understanding of the complaint is correct.

Within 21 days of receipt of your written summary, Richard Ellor will write to you, to inform you of the outcome of his internal investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions we have taken or will take. We may feel it appropriate at this stage to refer your complaint to a 3rd party, such as one of our finance companies or vehicle suppliers, if we feel that your complaint does not directly relate to any wrongdoing on our part.

If You are Dissatisfied with our Handling of Your Complaint
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint or the outcome of our internal investigation, feel free to contact
Anita Ellor, Tel 01829 738798 

Email:  who will personally conduct a separate review of your complaint and contact you within 14 days to inform you of the conclusion of this review.

If you are still unhappy with the result of any of the above, or if your complaint has not been satisfactorily handled within 8 weeks of initial contact, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman. Their contact details are:

The Financial Ombudsman Service,
South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall,
London E14 9SR.
Tel: 0800 023 4 567

You may also take your dispute to the BVRLA who offer a Conciliation Service, which aims to resolve complaints within 30 days.  Their contact details are:

British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association
River Lodge, Badminton Court,
Amersham, HP7 0DD
You should submit details of your complaint on email to:

We are a finance broker, not a lender.   We  are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.